Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Weddings, Goodbyes, and New Adventures

Whew! What a whirlwind half a year it has been. I haven't posted in awhile. This is mostly due to the fact that I always want to post things in order and with lots of pictures which takes a lot of time and effort. So instead I just don't post. I hope to change that. We'll see how well it works. This post is very wordy. I will go back and add some pictures soon.

Last summer consisted of traveling to weddings, weddings and more weddings! Here is the run down:

May 2014: Melissa and Michael North got married in Indianapolis, IN! Melissa is a good friend of mine from college. It was probably one of the most heartfelt and touching ceremonies I have ever been too. I think we were all in tears! Congrats guys! We hope to visit soon!

June 7, 2014: Elizabeth and Nic Champagne got married in Dubuque, IA. Liz and I met marching drum corps in 2005. We were pretty much inseparable from the start. It has been a wild and fun 9 years! A highlight was definitely being her MO. Congrats!

June 14, 2014: Karen's Bachelorette part in Nashville, TN. What a fun trip. So happy I went! Shopping for cowboy boots, drinks in boots, line dancing, pedal pub...the list could go on and on! What a fun way to celebrate the end of Karen's single days!

June 21, 2014: Alyssa and Scotty Drumwright got married in Denver, CO. Scotty and Chase have been friend since high school. It was great to see all of his friends and celebrate Scotty and Alyssa! On this trip, we also got to go rock climbing in Golden, CO with our friend Darren. It was a blast!

June 28, 2014: The Champagne's visit the PNW! I believe this was the last adventure that I posted about.

July...I feel like I am missing some things in July. Oh well.

July 26, 2914: Maria and Marcus got married in Minneapolis, MN! Maria is a good friend from graduate school. It was so fun catching up with all of our friends from Minneapolis. We even got to go to a twins game!

Aug 2, 2014: Karen and Eric Eberly tied the knot in Dayton, OH! Chase and I were both so excited to stand up next to these two friends on their big day. What a fun time! Congrats!

Sept 12-14, 2014: I got to represent PNNL at the UMN career fair. The event was exhausting and not very fun to be honest. I basically just told undergrads about our internships all day. I wish I could have mentored each one because most of them were clueless, but I'm only one person. However, I did get a free trip to see my friends so I can't complain.

I'm sure some other stuff happened in September. I can't really remember at this point.

Oct 12, 2014: Our friends Allison and Elliot Singer were gracious enough to throw Chase a HUGE 30th birthday party in New Orleans, LA! Aren't they such great friends? There may have also been a beautiful Jewish wedding ceremony in there as well. It was our first traditional Jewish and New Orleans wedding. It was a great time!

So as you can see, we spent most of our summer and fall last year traveling all over the country! We had some amazing times and do not regret a second of it. I will say it is pretty exhausting traveling between the west coast and the midwest every other weekend!

On to the present. Chase and I MOVED in October to Royal Oak, Michigan. I FINALLY accepted a full time position at BorgWarner in Auburn Hills, MI. BorgWarner is a tier 1 automotive supplier. We design, develop and produce a boat load of different automotive parts and sell them to tier 1 OEMs like Ford, VW, etc. I specifically work in the friction material development group. Basically I design friction plates for clutch systems. I can probably answer a lot of your transmission questions now. I'm becoming something of an expert. It has been a blast! The company seems to be a great company to work for!

Chase got a job pretty much immediately after moving here! What a blessing! He is working for a RDA group, a market research company. He really likes it so far!

Life is good here in Michigan so far. We have already had lots of visits and events with friends! Liz and Nic, Karen and Eric, My parents, and Chase's parents have all already been to visit! It has been great to be able to get home to see my family in only 4 hrs. I have also reconnected with a high school friend, Jena! We have had a lot of fun times catching up!

That's all for now! Hopefully I will post again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment