Monday, June 23, 2014

Ski Trip - February 2014

In early February, a large group of us headed towards Leavenworth and Stevens Pass for a ski weekend in the woods! We rented a cabin and did some skiing, hanging out, cooking, olympics watching, etc...

It was a great time! Here are a few pictures from the trip! Things to note: I didn't get a picture of the cabin, bummer. I also didn't get a group picture! Our group included Megan, Sean, Kelsey, Kit, Sonja, Huy, Liezel, Chase and myself. What a fun time!

Stevens Pass



Chase and I snowboarded again on this trip. I think this will be our last snowboarding trip. We aren't very good at it. I think since we both like to cross-country ski, next time we will attempt downhill skiing. :)


Lunch and beers at the lodge. Counter-clockwise: Megan, Liezel, Huy, Chase, Deanna, and Sean

Before we headed home, Chase and I went to Lake Wenatchee State Park! We really wanted to cross-country ski, but the ski report wasn't very good so we didn't make the trek into town to rent skis for me. We were pretty bummed we didn't though cause the snow looked great! We hiked around on the snowshoe trails anyway. This worked out pretty well on the well travel parts of the trail where the snow was packed down pretty well. However, we quickly ran into deep drifts of snow!















Chase testing the limits of the ice.....eek!






Snow covered Lake Wenatchee


Knee deep snow...



We had a great time on our ski trip adventure! We are so lucky to have such great company here in the Tri-Cities!

No comments:

Post a Comment